In 2019, 6,590 pedestrians died in traffic accidents across the U.S., the highest number in the last 30 years. Experts believe this horrific increase is primarily due to:
- Drivers and pedestrians being distracted by their cell phones
- An increase in the number of larger vehicles on the road
If you or someone close to you has been seriously injured, or if a family member has been killed when out walking or crossing the street, you need to contact James R. Murphy, Jr. And John D. Barron, A Law Corporation. Our experienced attorneys have obtained millions of dollars for individuals and families who have become injured while walking. We will help you recover all costs associated with your injuries, including medical expenses, lost wages, and will fight to ensure you are fairly compensated for your pain and suffering. We understand that being injured changes your life forever; we will fight aggressively to generate the best possible recovery for you.
At James R. Murphy, Jr. And John D. Barron, A Law Corporation, you will not have to pay any legal fees or costs until your case is resolved. We hire only the top experts in the field of accident reconstruction and biomechanics; our experts utilize 3D modeling, 360 Topcan Scanning, drone arial mapping, Crash Data Retrieval, surveillance videos, and the most advanced software analytics.
To help protect yourself when walking:
- Cross streets at a designated crosswalk or intersection whenever possible
- Walk on a sidewalk or path instead of the road. If you must use the shoulder of a roadway, walk facing traffic
- Avoid using electronic devices such as smartphones or earbuds while walking near traffic
- Increase your visibility at night by carrying a flashlight and/or wearing reflective clothing